“With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.”
~ Eleanor Roosevelt ~
There is so much information out there on the importance of establishing a morning routine and incorporating good habits and practices into your daily life. There are published studies, surveys, and books on the topic.
In an online article published by CNBC’s Make It, “according to a recent survey from Cinch Home Services, an insurance company, highly productive people are 92% more likely to have a morning routine. Successful people like Shonda Rhimes, Mark Cuban, and Oprah Winfrey all have morning routines that set them up for an effective workday.”
Two popular books that I’ve found and people swear by are Hal Elrod’s The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life – Before 8AM and Robin Sharma’s The 5AM Club: Own Your Morning. Elevate Your Life.
You may even be practicing some semblance of a morning routine yourself.
Maybe you are waking early and meditating before you pick up your cell phone.
Maybe you are dedicating the first part of your day to exercise.
Maybe reading a chapter of that book from the bedside table.
These are all great activities to start your day off on the right foot.
I have to admit that I, too, follow a morning regimen that includes walking, journaling, and lots of positive self-talk. It sets the tone for the rest of my day and empowers me to be more focused, and more energized and to discover more amazing throughout my day.
And while much attention has been given to how morning routines are beneficial to your business or career success,
What if your morning routine included outcomes beyond that of being more productive in your business or checking more things off of your ‘to-do’ list?
What if the result of your morning routine allowed you to exude happiness and confidence throughout your day?
Maybe it’s time to wake up your wake-up plan. Maybe your morning routine can use a JOLT?
By incorporating JOLT into your daily AM rituals, you will be a person who is:
Being joyous is someone who embodies a sense of happiness, contentment, and fulfillment. It is a feeling that can be experienced in many different ways and can be found in the small moments of daily life as well as in the bigger events and achievements.
Here are a few ways to incorporate joy:
- Taking time to reflect on and practice gratitude will help you cultivate a sense of joy.
- Engage in activities that bring you joy and inspire you to feel more positive and happy.
- Make time for the people who matter most to you and nurture those relationships.
- Taking care of yourself, both physically and emotionally, can help us to feel more balanced and able to find joy in the world around us.
When you feel like your life has purpose and meaning, you get a sense of joy and fulfillment. Discover what matters most and find ways to pursue those things.
Remember, joy is not something that you will always feel, and when you take the time to cultivate a joyous practice, you establish a foundation for finding joy in the moments that matter most.
Being optimistic can have a number of benefits for both your mental and physical health. It can help you to feel more positive and hopeful about the future, and can also help to reduce stress and anxiety.
Here are a few tips for cultivating optimism in your life:
- Find the silver lining: When faced with a challenging situation, look for the positive aspects of the lessons learned. This empowers feelings for a hopeful future.
- Surround yourself with optimistic people: The people you spend time with have a huge impact on your outlook and attitude and will help to lift your spirits.
- Take care of yourself: This includes getting enough sleep, eating a healthy diet, and engaging in regular physical activity.
- Set a few achievable goals. Working towards achievable goals can give you a much-needed sense of accomplishment, and boost your spirits.
Remember, cultivating optimism is a process and it will take time and effort, but it is worth it for the many benefits it can bring to your life.
Being loving is an important aspect of being a kind and compassionate person. It means showing love and care for others, as well as for oneself. There are many ways to express and practice love, and it can take many forms.
Some examples of being loving include:
- Being kind and compassionate towards others, and showing empathy and understanding when they are going through a tough time.
- Showing appreciation and gratitude towards others and expressing it through words and actions.
- Practicing forgiveness and letting go of grudges or negative feelings towards others.
- Being present and fully engaged in your relationships, actively listening, and being there for the people you care about.
Being loving can have many positive impacts on your own life and the lives of those around you. It will bring joy and happiness, strengthen relationships, and create a sense of connection and community. It is an important aspect of leading a fulfilling and meaningful life.
Being thoughtful in the morning can set the tone for the rest of the day and bring numerous benefits. Here are a few key benefits of starting the day with a thoughtful mindset:
There are a few key ways to begin your day thoughtfully:
- Taking a few moments to think about your priorities and plan for the day can help you make more informed decisions and set yourself up for success.
- Being thoughtful in the morning by taking the time to plan and organize your tasks, you can streamline your workflow and get more done.
- Starting the day by taking a few moments to clear your mind and set your intentions, you can better tune out distractions and stay on track.
- Taking time in the morning for what is most important to you and what you want to achieve, sets you up for a more meaningful and fulfilling day.
- Finally, by starting your day by setting your intentions and plan for the day, you can reduce stress and increase feelings of calm and control, and have positive effects on your overall well-being.
Being thoughtful in the morning can bring numerous benefits, including improved decision-making, increased productivity, enhanced focus, greater clarity, and purpose, and improved well-being.
By taking a few moments to think and plan for the day ahead, you can set yourself up for a more successful and fulfilling day.
Starting your day off on the right foot can make a huge difference in your overall productivity and well-being.
If you’re struggling to get out of bed in the morning or feeling sluggish and unmotivated, try implementing some of these tips to give yourself a morning JOLT.
Incorporating some or all of these tips into your morning routine, can give your mornings a JOLT and start your day off feeling energized and ready to tackle whatever comes your way.
Get your words of encouragement any time Subscribe and Check out Meshell’s YouTube videos: https://www.youtube.com/c/MeshellRBaker
Are you an individual, team, or organization interested in learning how Meshell can ignite your confidence: CLICK HERE and see what’s next!
Blessings for your Beautiful Journey,